Friday, January 23, 2009

...

Hey all! I thought it was time to update you again…but I’m not exactly sure what updates to give you!! Life has settled into a bit of a routine again, which is good.

We have some friends staying with us this week…we mentioned them in November when they stayed with us then too. They are from Australia, and we have thoroughly enjoyed opening our home to them again. They brought another guy from their team to our house as well, so with three extra guys we have a full house! They cooked supper for us the other day, and invited two more friends over…so I was really outnumbered with six guys in the house!! But we have been so blessed by their company and presence here.

Tuesday evening we also had the opportunity to join a small group Bible study with young adults from our Church…and are so excited about it! We have been feeling anxious to get involved with Christians our own age, so have now joined this group of about 15-20 Kenyans in studying God’s word together. They are also wanting to get involved in some outreach as a group, and so we are looking forward to participating in that as well.

Oh, and do you remember Koros…a little boy who lives at New Life Home? He is the child who loves anyone with white skin, and so I have been spending quite a lot of time with him! Well…he is getting adopted!! This is really exciting, as he is so insecure, and so needy, and will THRIVE in a REAL home with his OWN parents!! And as I am very excited for him…the selfish part of me also feels some sadness at the thought “giving him up” and not seeing his sweet face once he leaves New Life Home…but I know that this is a WONDERFUL thing…the best thing that could happen to Koros!! And seeing him proudly hold the hands of his new mom and dad, his OWN parents…oh it was enough to make me cry. Adoption is such a beautiful thing. They are so blessed to be able to call this sweet child their own!! Praise God!!

So that’s basically what’s been happening here this last week…and now we are just anxiously awaiting the arrival of Wanda and Leona (Trevor’s sisters, for those of you who don’t know) the first week in February!! We have been counting down for quite awhile now, and we are now down to 2 weeks and 1 day!! YAY!!

Anyway, till next time when I have something to report…
~A

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to get an update!
We miss you guys lots!
Love,
Marcus, Marilyn, Malachi and Cleo

P.S. I finally beat Leona to leave the first comment! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Not by much Marcus! I was on the blog earlier this morning, man I should have left a comment then!
And, I can't remember guys, why are we counting down again?
Oh wait! I can't believe we're leaving soon!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

haha you guys...quit fighting!! We love all the comments, not just the first one :-) miss you all...

Michelle said...

Oh I TOTALLY get how you feel about the whole adoption thing.. you just get so attached! Its almost like.. "no.. but i wanted him", that how i was anyways with one little girl that her grandmother came back for. I know it was selfish but i was was soo sad.. I had wanted her! But at the same time, you know that God is in control and this is obviously a part of his plan designed for them and its a great thing too!! Adoption or Birth family is so great.. so much better than an orphanage!