Saturday, April 18, 2009

Recent News..

We have been so busy these last few weeks...with going away for Easter, regular busy life, and moving into a new house! The house we were staying in was only temporary until the missionaries who usually live there came back from Home Assignment...so last week we moved into a new house! It's on a neighbouring compound, so we still have the same neighbourhood, which we are glad for. So...we moved from (half of) this:


to (half of) this:


Yes, it's MUCH smaller, but we prefer it and are feeling more at home there than we ever did at the other place! It's "cozy"!!

And on to even more exciting news....my parents are coming to Africa TODAY!!! We are so thrilled and can't wait to see them! It should be a good 2 1/2 weeks with them! So if I don't blog for awhile it's just because we're too busy having FUN!! :o)

I also want to let you all know how very much we appreciate all of you...you have no idea how much your encouragement, support, comments, prayers, and everything else means to us. We have felt so incredibly blessed having you as a part of our team and want you to know how much we love you!
We have also figured out a system for checking our emails as well, so please feel free to email us at either one of our email accounts...we would love to hear how you are doing and what is going on in your lives. Being so far away causes us to feel quite disconnected with home and friends, so we would really appreciate hearing from you!! Thank you again for being such wonderful friends! We could NOT be here without YOU!!

2 comments:

Randy Peters said...

Trevor and Andrea, it was good to read up on your adventures. Our house has just recently switched to a faster internet and so its easier for us navigate through cyberspace. I'm so glad to read that your parents (Andrea) are coming up to see you. How absolutely special that must be. Wanda and Leona shared a power point presentation today in church of their trip up to see you and it caused a yearning in my heart to connect with you. It encourages my heart to read about your experiences and how the Lord is working through the both of you and making a difference in these special people's lives. May the Lord continue to encourage you and give you the strength and resources you need for this ministry. Since this was my first time on your blog I read through a lot of your other blogs. I really enjoyed reading about your experiences. Truly the LORD is GREAT. Enjoy your 2 1/2 weeks with your parents. Keeping you in our prayers.
Randy (Esther) Peters

Anonymous said...

Hey Trevor and Andrea! I have no excuse really but its only in the last few weeks (after hearing the stories from Wanda and Leona when they got back and then myself getting back from India) that I have been reading at your blog! I read the entire thing in one sitting! I wasn't able to see the pictures at that time but I really don't feel I missed that much because of your way with words. I felt like I was right there peering over your shoulder somehow. Since then I have looked at all the pictures as well! I think if I had read your blog before India it wouldn't have made as much sense, things are so different from here in Canada! There seems to be lot of similarities with India. Anyway I wanted to let you know how blessed I was to read your entries and wanted you to know I am praying for you!
Michelle