Friday, August 7, 2009

I'll Be Found In YOU...

It is with great sadness and confusion that I bring you some more news.

Ryan Williams, the AIM AIR mechanic who was also on that airplane that crashed, has gone Home. Home to Heaven. He was suffering from severe burns and internal injuries, and had been medi-vaced to Johannesburg, South Africa on Wednesday to a burn unit there. Upon assessing him there, they realized that his injuries were more severe than originally hoped.

This morning we got a text message just saying “Pray for Ryan now!”. And then this afternoon we got the news that he had passed away.

It’s too much. It’s all too much. To think about these two amazing families, doing so much and serving the Lord, now having to deal with this, and having to live the rest of their lives without a husband and a father…to know that God could have saved both Frank and Ryan, and yet didn’t…to not be able to understand the purpose behind all of this…it’s just too much.

Serving the Lord comes with a price. We all know this. All of us have had to pay one price or another…for some it may be getting ridiculed, for some it may be changing friends, for some it may be moving away, for some it may be leaving family…and then for some it is paying the ultimate price here on earth. We do not grieve for Ryan and for Frank. We know where they are. We know that Heaven is our home, and not this earth. We know that they are happy and whole.
They are with their Maker!
They are with JESUS!
They are HOME!!!
We know this. And yet we grieve with those who are left behind. We grieve for Dawn (Ryan’s wife) and for Tiffany (Frank’s wife). We grieve for the loss of their dreams. We grieve for the loss of their lives as complete families. We are so sad with them.

Pray for Dawn Williams, and her kids, Caleb, Levi, Seth and Chloe.

Pray for Tiffany Toews, and her kids, Aline, Tabitha, Teagan and Lowen.

Pray for the AIM family.

Please pray. It’s going to be a long, long road.


Walking, stumbling, on these shadow feet.
Toward home, a land that I’ve never seen.
I am changing, less and less asleep.
Made of different stuff than when I began.
And I have sensed it all along.
Fast approaching is the day…

When the world has fallen out from under me
I’ll be found in You, still standing.
When the sky rolls back and the mountains fall on their knees.
When time and space are through, I’ll be found in You.

There’s distraction buzzing in my head
Saying in the shadows it’s easier to stay
But I’ve heard rumours of true reality
Whispers of a well-lit way

You make all things new

When the world has fallen out from under me
I’ll be found in You, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
When time and space are through
I’ll be found in You
{brooke fraser}


Frank and Ryan...see you guys on the other side. We’ll miss you.

No comments: