Tuesday, September 9, 2008

the time has come!

This past week was a very overwhelming week...packing like mad, getting the last minute things together, saying our goodbyes...but we're now in Edmonton, and ready or not, Nairobi, here we come!!! We fly out Wednesday at 12:15 pm, so tomorrow will be a day of last minute details and final packing and goodbyes. My parents brought us here, so we'll be spending the day with them, which will be really nice. I've come to realize, though, how much I hate saying goodbye, but I know that God will be with us, and we'll be okay!
Our first week in Kenya will be a lot of resting and getting over jet lag, some sightseeing, and a lot of orientation and learning. We'll be taking Kiswahili lessions, public transportation lessons, workshops on culture, and a lot of other things that I can't remember right now! I'm really looking forward to that, but know that it'll be a lot to take in. After the first week, we'll be moving into our house, so that'll be nice to get settled in and officially begin our new life in Kenya.
God is so good, and there have been so many things that He has just completely worked out these last few weeks...like fixing our rent issues, selling the Chevy, getting everything done on time...it's just been affirmed to us over and over that this is where He wants us, and if we are in the center of His will then that's all we need to know!! So, please keep praying, and the next time I write we will be in Nairobi!!
~A

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Safe Travels! God Bless you guys!! Look forward to hearing from you when you are in Naroibi:)

Loramie said...

I don't know what's wrong with me but right now I'm more excited for you than sad! I know the sad will kick in when I realize we can't call each other 3 times a day :( Take care as you fly and enjoy!